Thursday, September 20, 2007

10 Years

So I was reading my friend Miranda's blog the other day and she was talking about going to her 10 year high school reunion and how fast the time goes. This caused me to think back to where I was 10 years ago...traveling, living at the bars, chasing boys, hiking, playing tennis, and pretty much whatever the heck I wanted to be doing. Who would have thought then that I would be married to Ben (of all people), staying at home with our two sweet girls, and driving a white minivan. So I'm not really sure where I was going with this...but anyone who knows me realizes the minivan really appeals to my practical side, but I know it totally isn't cool.

Last night I went to a real bar, well at least one you need a membership to get into. Those of you that live in UT or SC will know what that is, for the rest of the normal world it means cover charge. I went to dinner with an old friend and a new friend, at least I think she will be a new friend. I don't get out much for adult conversation so I may have blathered on about nothing for most of the night. Anyway we went to this particular place because they were craving fried olives. You're thinking fried olives??? Well this is the South after all and they fry everything here. The olives are chopped up, mixed with cheese, breaded and fried. You would think this is a win/win. At first I thought it would be like boiled peanuts (another Southern thing) where they are yucky at first, but you can't stop eating them. Yeah, not so much. But it was great to wear jewelry and makeup (not that this was necessary) and hang out with the girls.

So 10 years later things are the same I guess still hanging with the girls and playing tennis, but now I get to hang out with Ben and the girls too!

No comments: