Monday, November 1, 2010

Some people suck, some are AWESOME!!

So we finally got out squatters out of our house in Charleston this weekend. They were messy, didn't take care of anything, never told me the air conditioner leaked into the bathroom, and broke our lawn mower...not sure how that happened being as they never used it. Anyway, I went to Charleston on Friday and met with a property manager, got some quotes to paint and fix things and it should be good to go in about 10 days. It could have been worse and at least we had nice weather!

Just as I was hating the human population a very sweet lady from the property management company stopped by and eased some fears about what needed replaced and how to get mildew out of a shower. And she is coordinating all of the repairs! Then on Saturday my two wonderful friends showed up with lunch, pine straw, and more cleaning supplies! Now you know they are good friends if they are willing to clean with you! Especially this house! Now Mary did draw the line at one of the toilets and she will be happy to know I replaced the seat. Then my wonderful husband showed up and dusted and cleaned and did yard work. The next day our neighbors came over with a lawn mower, edger, blower and even provided the manpower!! Not to mention my fantastic mother who had a terrible cold and stayed home with the girls all weekend and made sure they had a happy Halloween.

Thank you so much everyone! I couldn't have done it alone!!!

No comments: