Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

So back in about 6th or 7th grade there was a bake sale at school. A friend and I decided to make chocolate chip cookies. There was some sort of mix up with the baking soda and baking powder and we had these horrible rock cookies that never spread out. Ever since I have struggled to make a decent chocolate chip cookie and ever since discovering Schwan's frozen chocolate chip cookie dough there really is no need to make this type of cookie from scratch.

Now I should point out that I absolutely LOVE to bake and cookies especially. There isn't anything more relaxing than baking a batch of cookies from scratch.

Today I decided to use a bag mix to make some chocolate chip cookies thinking there was no way I could mess these up right??? Wrong! Again I have little lump cookies that didn't spread. I'm sure it is because my butter was too cold, but hey it's getting late and after melting the first stick I wasn't willing to risk going for softer. However, these cookies taste better than the middle school batch so someone will be forced to eat them.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I feel really strongly about brownies from a box. People that make brownies from scratch are wasting their time. I have NEVER tasted a homemade brownie that tastes better than a boxed brownie. They are always drier and not as rich. Now, I'm sure a true baker would disagree with me, but I'll go to my grave sticking by my belief. Plus, boxed brownie mix goes on sale all the time and with a coupon, you can get it for 50 cents sometimes. How can you beat that?