Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cards

Someone asked me once why I send Christmas cards with all the work and expense why bother, right? Well I love everything about doing the cards. I love looking back over the year for the perfect photo or taking one special during the year. I love that the girls will look back over those photos someday, as I look back on the one's my mom did for us, and see how much we have changed and how many different places we have lived. I love looking at all the fun card designs on Shutterfly (I must have really liked last year's because this one is nearly identical). I even like figuring out what to say on the card so I don't have to hand write everything. I love the time we spend together as a family getting the cards ready to go in the mail (isn't it fun to get mail that isn't a bill or low interest rate notice??).

But the thing I love the most is thinking of each person on my Christmas card list and thinking about how they have touched my life. I get to replay memories from how I know each person whether we worked together and at which company, if we met playing tennis, spent crazy nights at the bar, had water fights in high school, or shared just a short time during one of our Navy moves. Even if I only contact you this one time each year please know it is my way of letting you know that you are special to me.

3 comments:

Todd Johnson said...

After that post, you better hope everyone that reads your blog get's a card ;-)

1415 Minden Dr.
San Diego, CA 92111

The Miller Family said...

It is already in the mail cuz :o) I hope if I missed anyone they forgive me as I had to do it in shifts and I was never 100% sure where I was in the address book :o)

Kristy said...

Love Shutterfly cards...wait until you get ours this year...I think I did pretty good! Plus if you are really careful all year to use all the free trial offers they send in email, you can get the majority of the ones you need for free. And if you order some of the free ones through a relative's account, which is cheating, it's even cheaper. Just share your album with them and then recreate your project in their account.