Thursday, October 11, 2007

I did it! I did it!

I mowed the lawn for the very first time! Usually I can do without very loud things that can cut my arm off. But, we have been so busy lately and it seems to have been raining for a year, so the grass was a little long (not too bad, but I'm not sure how fussy the hoa is here). Ben gets home so late from school that it is already dark, so I decided to surprise him! I have a limited window of opportunity for this sort of thing. I have 1 hour 3 days a week that Nora is in preschool and Morgan takes a nap. So every time the mower crapped out I would check to see if she was crying. Why do they crap out so often? And why are they so hard to start? I made it through the front yard...the back will have to wait. I tried to use the weed eater, but I think I need a lesson on that too.

I want to thank my friend Jennifer for the tips! They were most helpful.

1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Hooray! You're awesome. I actually like mowing the lawn but Zach loves it so I never get to do it. Which is fine, too.

What a lucky man Ben is. Married to a lawn mowin', lizard wranglin' woman!