Monday, October 1, 2007

Our Pets are Crazy

So everyone knows we have two cats and a dog, but I'm not sure you realize how nuts they are...
Maddie has been in our family the longest. She is pushing 12 and nearly dies every time we move. If she sees a cardboard box she goes into hiding. When we moved to SLC I had to force feed her with a syringe for 4 months. She did pull through though and decided that Melvin wasn't so bad after all. It was as if she had a near death experience and decided to live life to the fullest. Then we started packing boxes for the trip back down South. She kept eating this time, but mostly hung out in the closet or under the bed...you could forget about downstairs. So it came time for her yearly shots and they recommended a dental cleaning. If you have ever had this recommended you know it is ridiculously expensive, but it had been recommended before so I thought we should do it. Well they put her under to do the procedure and it must have acted as her near death experience because she is out and about now...even downstairs. And it was much cheaper than the last move.


Tweeter is a beast. He weighed in this year at 21.5 lbs. So he is on a diet. The reason he weighs 21.5 lbs is because he thinks he is a dog. He eats Melvin's food, chews up anything made of foam (flip flops, blocks, door stops...), and doesn't move around much. The other day he came down the stairs and my friend thought Nora had gotten out of bed. He is an oaf, but so fun to pick on!


Melvin just turned 5 and I think this must be the magic number for dogs. He no longer runs off every time the front door is opened, I love this. He is great with the girls and they really try his patience I'm certain. He is a bit of bed hog...anyway the reason I got on this tangent today is because Melvin is a squirrel killer! There is an abundance of squirrels where we live due to the dense forest that is the South. Ever since we moved into this house when you let him out back he goes tearing after a squirrel. I never thought he would actually catch one of the poor things. Luckily Ben was home and was able to handle the situation. I found this so maybe if he keeps it up my grocery bill will go down...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Squirrel-and-Liver/Detail.aspx yucky!!!

1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

I HAVE to call you tonight. Words can't express how much I loved the package you sent!! : ) So funny, just what I needed! And as for this post, I refuse to believe that my sweet Melvie Muffin would ever do such a thing. I am sure he was framed. He's innocent of squirrel murder!