Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things I miss about SLC

As many of you know Salt Lake City is very high on my list of places I would love to live. There are many reasons for this...here are just a few.

The food - We ate out a lot, I mean a lot after Morgan was born. So we miss many of the yummy restaurants near our house...Greek Souvlaki, Gandolfo's, Paradise Bakery, Z-Pizzeria, Rumbi, Noodles, Taco Bell (yes we have one here, but the one by our house is horrible! And they don't have tostadas), Banbury Cross Donuts, the Chinese place in Smith's on 8th South (Thanks Amy), Crown Burger, Cafe Rio (Sorry Zach), Pei Wei, and Arctic Circle (speaking of which, I bet they have pumpkin shakes right now, yum!).

Smith's Marketplace - They have everything you could ever need! And we could walk there from the house. Ben pointed out the other day that this didn't happen often, but it was nice knowing I could.

The fabulous weather - Yeah it is hot in July and cold in January, but that goes for everywhere. The Fall and the Spring are fantastic! Besides everyone there is so active that the weather doesn't hold anyone back. I will miss taking the girls to Liberty Park for walks, sledding, slides, and people watching.

The number 1 reason I love it - The people - SLC has some very awesome people! Those that play tennis, those that work at the Y, those that live in the hip SoTro neighborhood, and those that stay at home with their kiddos. I feel lucky to have met so many wonderful people! We miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about Salt Lake! I love checking out your blog! The girls look like they had a blast at Disney on Ice!
colleen