Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Replacement

This is what my friend Mary's husband, Mark, now refers to me as. He is a pilot in the US Air Force and therefore has a rather unpredictable schedule. This has definitely worked to my advantage. For example, back in June I got to attend a very awesome Toby Keith concert in his place. Mary and I had a girls night dinner at La Hacienda where a few waiters tried to buy the VW. Then we met our double date at the concert :o)

Mary, Meredith, & Tim (they drive a Mini!)

Toby

Pretty nice huh? Well it gets better. In July he got called away on a very special and important mission and was unable to go on their Palm Beach vacation. I felt a little bad taking his place this time until I heard he got to go skiing in New Zealand! Wow! Still it was very sweet of Mary and Hannah to share their vacation (including their beds) with us. It was so relaxing and just what I needed.

We had a fantastic daily schedule, it went something like this; eat, pool, eat, nap, beach, eat, sleep. Except one day we went to see the sea turtle rescue and the PlayMobile play place, but the girls kept asking to go back and go to the pool...so we did.

Here are some photos from the trip.


Nora and Morgan significantly increased their comfort in the water. Nora is diving with goggles and Morgan...well see for yourself.

Thank you so much Mary and Hannah for letting us join you! It was a wonderful vacation we will remember always!

No comments: