Monday, October 6, 2008

Pumpkins

On Saturday the girls and I were invited by my nice friend Krystal to go to a pumpkin patch on John's Island. The girls had a great time picking out pumpkins, feeding the animals, "riding" the horses, and playing on Mulch Mountain! I dressed them up all cute thinking I could get some cute pictures of them in the pumpkin patch, knowing full well they would get dirty...what I didn't account for was the 80 degree weather. Poor girls got so hot and sweaty digging in the dirt.

On Sunday the girls would not stop asking me if we could carve the pumpkins, so I finally gave in. Not that they had to twist my arm too much as carving pumpkins is one of my favorite things to do. The girls drew the faces on and I carved for them. I had to guess a little what Morgan wanted. I'm pretty sure now that the pumpkins are carved they should start stinking up the porch any day since it is still so hot here. Then after we carved the pumpkins we roasted the pumpkin seeds. This recipe is how I love them and remember them from being a kid http://www.landolakes.com/mealIdeas/ViewRecipe.cfm?RecipeID=12491.




I know I always post the cute pictures and fun things that we do, so here is a little glimpse of my reality.

2 comments:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

This was hilarious! Z & I loved the picture of Morgan & her scarecrow friend and the video is hilarious! Nora is so grown up.

Kristy said...

Didn't anyone tell you that trying to get pictures of your kids together is like herding cats?

I am so glad to see that someone else's refrigerator is as covered with magnets as mine. And then they fall off on to the floor and all that jazz.

The girls look so happy!