Monday, November 17, 2008

Computer Desk

So everyone has probably figured out it takes me a while to decide about big ticket items and even longer when Ben and I have to agree on a style of something. So I had been on the hunt for a computer desk for our new place...I looked online, craigslist, stores, and finally decided it would be worth the drive to Jax to see one I might be interested in. Between lunch and the store we got a little lost and luckily happened upon an Office Depot. They had a desk that was the same finish as the one we were going to see, but a little smaller...I still headed to the original store and liked the Office Depot desk better so after our excursion to the beach and dinner we picked up the desk and headed for home.

So of course it is assembly required and has a million parts so this would need to be a project attempted after the girls are in bed. So my Mom and I start out about 9ish bringing it in piece by piece from the car because there is no way we can lift it. Luckily all the pieces were in the box and it went together quite easily as long as you read the directions...Mom.

About 9:15 with all the pieces

Mom's fabulous parts chart

About half way

Enjoying our celebratory ice cream at about 11:30

2 comments:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

You and your mom are furniture experts. I'm especially impressed with the parts chart.

Although, let's be honest, I'm most impressed by the celebratory ice cream.

Anonymous said...

I think your Mom still has a screw loose os is missing a nut...No????

Love,

Aunt Pat