Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ben's First Underway

A while back the girls and I went to the beach at Fort Clinch State Park to watch the USS Georgia head out to sea with my new friend Sunshine and her sweet kids. While I was amazed at how close the boat (submarine for non-navy folk) was to the shore and what a neat experience it was, I probably would have enjoyed it a little more if Ben had been home for more than a week before he had to leave. Here are a few photos from the day. Oh and for my cousin Todd...It really was cold and windy we weren't just being wimps. Okay, maybe I was. Yes, that is a towel around my neck.

Our best attempt at a group photo of the kids

Nora's Sand Angel

Family Photo

USS Georgia

We have had a few emails from Ben, but it is hard not being able to talk to him everyday. It is nice to know that while I don't need my husband for the everyday that I want him to be home with us. I know a lot of people were surprised by how quickly we got married, but I think we have done alright and I would marry him again today...even with the Navy.

I was a little sad that I wasn't in Utah when Miranda was pregnant or in SC when a dear friend was going through a rough time, but I have to remind myself that if it weren't for the Navy I wouldn't have met those wonderful people and many others and for that I am grateful. Wow, I don't think I meant to get that deep. I think I better get some sleep now. Hugs to all my friends!

1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

This was so sweet! Hugs to you, too!