Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Closet Shelves

So last night about midnight I went into the closet to pull some Christmas presents off the top shelf. I was reaching way up high for one last thing and it was brought down to a level I could reach it. The shelf came down and like dominoes brought the others with it. Of all things the Bible landed on the top of the heap. I think this helped in my decision of laughing instead of crying. I did utter a few expletives however. So here is a list of the things to be happy about in this situation:
  1. No small children or animals were in the closet at the time of it's self destruction.
  2. My numerous boxes of photos did not spill out.
  3. Most everything stayed on hangers. A few broke, but nothing major.
  4. It will motivate me to paint the closet the same color as the bedroom, however, I'm not sure what will motivate me to patch the 85 holes left in the wake. Oh wait the pile of clothes in my bathtub might help. If not that then the piles of crap on my dresser and dinning room table might do the trick.
  5. My Mom and Sister both got a huge belly laugh out of it.

3 comments:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Oh no!

Sunshine said...

I guess that means there was too much there huh? I'm glad no one was hurt.

Kristy said...

Sorry Abby...but I laughed. I would have LOST it myself so at least you kept a level head! Kinda looks like a cartoon when people open the closet door and all the sporting goods and junk pour out.