Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Morgan's First Insta-Care Visit

So last Friday (Good Friday) we were in the middle of preparing a yummy dinner and Morgan was standing on a stool trying to reach something on the counter. Then that something fell and she turned to go get it and ran out of stool. She landed hard on our tile floor. Then when she stood up she wouldn't put any weight on her right foot and it was starting to swell. So it is 10 minutes to 5:00 pm on a Friday...I pick up the phone to try and catch the doctor for recommendations and I get the after hours line. So they page the doctor on call and he says I should take her to the insta-care place just down the street. So we put dinner on hold and Morgan and I race off. When we get there I can't even tell what foot it was. I call Ben to be sure I should still take her and of course we decide yes. I go in and she is running, literally running around the waiting area. Are you kidding me? So I still see the doctor, knowing full well that I am wasting her time. I catch Morgan and she wiggles her foot around and confirms that she is just fine. So fine in fact that when we get home she requests to wear a pair of knee high boots with a one inch heel (that we got from my sweet friend Mary). Are you kidding me??????

2 comments:

Marly said...

OMG!!! Kids are something else aren't they?!. But you know it's better to be safe than sorry. I would have done the same thing. Hope ya'll have a good weekend!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

So, let me get this straight:

- She was trying to reach some food;
- Falls down;
- And insists on wearing heels?

That's my girl! : )