Thursday, January 24, 2008

Charles Towne Landing - Tourist Adventure #7

Today we went to lunch with Grandma Katie and Aunt Carol, then headed to Charles Towne Landing. It is the first time in a while my Mom and I have had the time to do something fun when she was in town.

The park has been beautifully redone since I was there last time. It is a big place and we only had a bit of time with the girls before they were ready for naps so we decided to check out the Animal Forest. This was great place to view animals that were here before the land was settled. Nora and Morgan both love the otters. They were swimming and playing and very fun to watch. We had to stop on the way out for a second viewing. Mom loved the gobbling turkeys and was even able to call them over to us. I liked the Bison the best. They were so huge and so close!

My Mom is in town to help me drive to Florida with the girls for the weekend to visit my Grandma Fran. It will be the first time she gets to meet the girls and we are looking forward to seeing her. We are also going to visit other family and friends in Florida while we are there. So look for updates late next week.

Landing Brave

The girls are in an enclosed cage that has birds. I was so afraid they would fall in the water.

Mom and the girls watching the otters.


1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Sounds fun! Hope you had a great time in Florida!