Monday, January 21, 2008

South Carolina Aquarium - Tourist Adventure #6

Today we went to the South Carolina Aquarium with my friend Ashley. I have to admit that I thought this aquarium was okay until we went to the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, now my expectations are too high. I have always thought it was over priced at $16.00 per adult and $8.00 for children 2 and over. That puts us at $40 just to get in (not to mention parking, food, and souvenirs) and we can make it through in less than an hour since the girls aren't really interested in staying still long enough to read everything. I guess you have to think of it as more of a donation to support what goes on behind the scenes, like the sea turtle hospital.

Nora likes to see the sharks, but the tank is so tall that the sharks stay at the top and there are only a couple in there. She still loves to look at all the fish. Morgan was really enjoying all the turtles until she discovered the long flight of stairs that go from the second floor to the main floor by the big tank. All she wanted to do was climb. So she had a bit of a meltdown when it was time to move on.

On a positive note the girls are getting the hang of getting in the picture frame together! And it was fun to spend some time with Ashley!




1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

So cute! I love aquariums. I think Morgan and I must be kindred spirits because the turtles are among my favorites, too (although climbing stairs is not at the top of my list).

The girls are getting so big! I need to come and visit before they are old enough to drive to my house themselves.