Saturday, September 20, 2008

Five-Lined Skink

So about this time last year I posted on the blog about a lizard...so I didn't think another lizard story was blog worthy until I saw one again today. Luckily this time it was in captivity. So here's the story:

A few days back Nora says "Mom there is a bug under my chair!" I look for the bug and see nothing. A few minutes later Morgan comes out of the playroom "Mom there is a bug." still I see nothing. A few minutes after that they both come running out of the playroom "Mom the bug has stripes and a tail and big eyes!" I figure if they describe it this clearly there must be something, but it sounds like a scary bug. So I go into the playroom and there is a very large lizard (that gives me the creeps still just thinking about it!) and I run for my rubber gloves and long duster to try and shoo it outside.

I imagine it was quite a picture to see the girls sitting on the couch laughing hysterically while I'm screeching like a little girl every time the lizard goes back and from under the tv to under the couch. I even tried to grab it once with my gloved hand, but it was fast and big and creepy so I went back to the duster route. After about 15 minutes and working up a good sweat I got it out of the house...sort of. It crawled into the bottom of my screen door, but I'm sure it found it's way back home.

When I was putting Nora back in bed tonight I told her I was looking for a picture of the lizard and she said the lizard that was in the costumes that ran back and forth? I said yes...the costumes? So does anyone want to come and shake out my costumes to make sure they don't have any lizard eggs in them?

Since I didn't have time to stop and take live photos of the creepy lizard here is a link to the famous Five-Lined Skink!

2 comments:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That would have been my response if I had been there.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Fun!