Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reasons to Root For Andy Roddick in the US Open

Now I have to admit I wasn't always his biggest fan, but I do find myself pulling for him now and here's why:
  1. He needs to take advantage when poor Roger is slumping and it isn't a good surface for Nadal.
  2. He's getting up there (you know as far as pro tennis players go) and deserves a few more slams under his belt before his career is over.
  3. He's funny. Very, very funny. See the latest issue of Tennis magazine for a funny remark about a sweater Roger wore at Wimbledon.
  4. He's American. This alone should be enough.

1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

So when I was in NYC this week I couldn't figure out why our hotel lobby was all decked out in tennis-themed decor. I told my coworker that apparently the hotel manager really liked the game.

Then I remembered the US Open. Duh. Please don't tell your tennis friends, they may not ever let me tag along on your tournaments again.