Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pickin' Strawberries

What a wonderfully fun and American day we had today! My friend Mary and her daughter, Hannah, invited us to go strawberry picking at Boone Farm today (actually Mary just wants me to make her a pie). To my recollection I have never done this before. It was so fun watching the girls search for the perfect red strawberries. Some of them were a little smushed by the time Morgan got them off the vine, but I'm sure the strawberry pie won't mind.

After we had our fill of strawberries, mud, and jump castles we headed up the road to Cosmo's Cosmic Hot Dog stand. We loaded up on dogs, fresh cut fries, and frozen custard. Mmmmmmm. It was wonderful fun!


Morgan, Nora, & Hannah



My sweet friend Mary

1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

This looks like such a fun day! The girls look so cute in their strawberry picking finery.

And, I can't believe you went all the way to Boone Farm and didn't even bring back a bottle of Melon Ball or Fuzzy Navel. : )