Sunday, March 1, 2009

Killin' Time

So today is tennis day, unfortunately it is windy and cold so the group cancelled, but it was too late to cancel my sitter. So that meant that I had 3 whole hours to kill in Kingsland, GA. Wow that was a challenge! Gas - 2 min, Lowe's - 15 min, ATM - 3 min (only because the first one was out of order), Belk - 15 min, Wal-mart - 45 min, and Zaxby's 30 min. I finally gave up and went home early.

On another note I know there a few military wives that occasionally read my blog and I was wondering how many pouty days it is normal to have during deployments and if the deployments will get easier the more we do? I feel like mostly I'm doing okay and the girls have been great, but I have moments I tear up over stupid stuff and sort of feel like a piece of me is missing.

5 comments:

Matt said...

no such thing as a silly moment. I'd be the same way if Kristen were out underway.

Tell the girls hello from Trog and Mrs. Trog.

The Huls Family said...

Abby--- it is usually 3-4 days after he leaves that the missing him begins. Not really missing him, but the annoyance of not having him.
We need to start rotating dinners...we all make enough to feed the herds... and I will give us somthing to make it through the day.
Let me know!

Sunshine said...

I have usually one pouty day a week. I too feel like a piece of me is missing, and No it doesn't get any easier for me. The first one was as difficult as the 3rd one. The only difference is I know how to handle it better. Hang in there lady, it will be over soon.

Misty said...

Sorry, it never gets easier. Jeremy and I refer to it as "camp stomach" that icky, empty feeling you have as a kid when you're away from your parents is the same empty sad feeling that lasts entire patrols but is worse as an adult because it's your spouse. Stay strong, he'll be home soon and your world will be complete once again!

ronee said...

For me..it never gets easier..and for the girls..sometimes are worst then others...my goal is to stay as busy as possible..so at the end of the day you are SO exhausted you can't help but sleep.
I am up for rotating dinners!