Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Soccer

A while back I asked Nora if she wanted to play soccer and she said yes, so I signed her up. By the time we started to go shoe shopping for her she decided she didn't want to play. She even colored a ball on a paper and wrote NO and hung it up on the door. Then she found out that Kenneth was on her team and her tune changed again. So we went out and bought her cleats, shin guards, big ole socks, and a pink ball in size 3 (who knew there were different sizes??).

Yesterday was supposed to be Nora's first soccer practice so she got all dressed up in her gear, had a talk about playing nice (she told me she would have fun and try her best), posed for some cute pics for me and then off we went to the field. We searched all over for her coach with no luck. All the other teams were running in nice lines and kicking balls. About 20 after the coach comes wearing flip flops and she doesn't even have any balls. I think lucky for her it started pouring so she was off the hook...until Thursday. Nora and Morgan had a blast kicking the ball around anyway.

4 comments:

ronee said...

my middle girls first year playing soccer had pink socks, a pink ball, pink cleats with pink shoe laces!

it's crazy
xoxo
ronee

The Huls Family said...

Abby.... a skirt? Really?
Skirts are for tennis players...oh wait...

Totally joking xoxoxox
Kelly

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

OK, who knew you could wear a soccer skirt? Why have I never played this sport? Are there soccer high heels? Because if so, I am going to sign up now.

Nora looks soooooooo adorable in her soccer gear. I seriously can't believe how grown up she is. I miss you guys!!

The Miller Family said...

It really is a pair of shorts I promise! It was all I could do to get her to wear something other than a dress :o)