Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slumber Party

So last night was the boat "holiday" party, but since Ben is out to sea I volunteered to watch my friend Sunshine's kids. Our kids get along great so it was a lot fun! Well at least until I tried to get them to actually fall asleep. Which they finally did around 9:30 (sorry Sunshine :o). But I guess it wasn't too bad since it is 9:30 now and I can still hear Nora singing in her room.

We had tacos for dinner and popsicles during the movie they sort of watched. Then Adrianna read the little ones some books and Morgan tried to decide where to sleep. Which ended up being with me about midnight. I will say I have never slept so lightly. Melvin was sleeping on the couch and was having dreams and I could hear him making noises then whenever Tweeter (our 22 lb cat) would walk around I had to get up to be sure it wasn't a small child.

Then this morning we had some monkey bread, the kids played a lot and it was even warm enough today to go feed the swans. They left about 11:30 and the girls were asleep by noon...me by 12:30. It was awesome!

1 comment:

ronee said...

sleepovers ALWAYS require the nap the next day for recovery!
xoxo
ronee